Richard has more than thirty years experience working in Human Resources, Payroll and Information Technology. He has been with Executive Alliance since 1997.
Skill Sets and Vendor Experience
Richard’s experience includes work with small, medium and several Fortune 500 companies including global organizations. His consultancy is focused on the areas of Human Resources, Payroll, and Time & Attendance. In each area he offers services in Strategic Planning & Technology Assessment, Business Process Design & Improvement, and Project Management. Examples of his accomplishments include the following:
Strategic Planning & Technology Assessment
- Develop HR information technology strategies that link HR systems to goals and objectives
- Development of cost reduction strategies and plans
- Preparation of User Needs Assessments and Vendor Selection
- Prepare Total Cost of Ownership models for current and desired technologies
- Develop business cases for the investment in technology and infrastructure
- Contract negotiations
Business Process Design & Improvement
- Re-design HR business processes, working with organizations through the practical, political and legal implications of how they do business
- Design and communication of new HR Service delivery models that take advantage of technology integration with efficient business process.
- Provide objective independent advice on the identification, design and deployment of proper controls and auditing
- Project management of multi disciplinary teams using client and vendor resources to implement Global HR, Payroll and Time and Attendance systems for large complex organizations
- Develop and maintain project plans, manage issue resolution, and follow up on work streams throughout the life of the project
He has worked with many software vendors including Workday, Oracle, PeopleSoft, SAP, ADP, Ceridian, Lawson, UltiiPro and several others.
His industry experience includes higher education, financial services, government, healthcare, legal, insurance, manufacturing, networking/telecommunications, pharmaceuticals, property management, retail, technology and utilities. Some of his clients include the City of Springfield, Massport, Bose, Eaton Vance, Stryker, Thomson, State of Florida, Harvard University, Foley Hoag and many others.
Background and Education
Mr. Lawler has an MBA from Clark University where he was nominated for membership in Beta Gamma Sigma honor society, and a B.S. from the University of Massachusetts.