Nina has been an active payroll and finance practitioner since 1992 with various organizations ranging in size from 1,000 to 60,000 employees processing both in house and outsourced payroll services. She joined Executive Alliance as a Senior Consultant in 2013.
Skill Sets and Vendor Experience
She has proven experience in:
- Leading complex, large-scale projects
- Analyzing and evaluating existing operations, effectively mining and integrating information from multiple sources to understand challenges and develop recommendations for improvement
- Developing and executing comprehensive project plans, leveraging creativity and tenacity to solve tough problems and drive program success
- Implementing process controls to stabilize accuracy and payroll results
- Redesigning operational procedures and processes
- Championed systemic changes to match or improve business practices
- Redesigning processes to capitalize on self-service and systems capabilities
- Selecting and negotiating for services with effective business partners to compliment company specific business strategy
- Managing payroll operations focusing on growing payroll resource knowledge and long term problem solving skills
- Facilitating all phases of shared service payroll operations
Recently she was engaged to implement a centralized service center for payroll and time operations on a SAP global platform, for 23,000 employees from 3 legacy payroll systems with separate corporate cultures, rules and business practices. She also redesigned operational procedures to capitalize on efficiencies ensuring accuracy and compliance through implementing checklist and appropriate audits and process procedures in production, garnishments, tax balancing and accounting/treasury.
Nina is currently working with two higher education clients and assisting with the management of a Workday implementation. She has experience in manufacturing, retail, and pharmaceutical industries.
Background and Education
Previously Nina managed day-to-day financial operations as the Controller for various manufacturing and service organizations, on JD Edwards and SAP general ledger systems.
Nina graduated from Bryant College with an M.B.A. in Accounting and from Providence College with a B.S. in Finance.
She has earned The American Payroll Association’s Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) designation and has successfully taught numerous study classes for the Fundamental Payroll Certification. At the HR2013 Conference, Nina presented “Optimizing Your Payroll Operation.”